martes, 6 de abril de 2010

CREAM - WHITE ROOM

En 1966 se reunieron 3 músicos llamados Eric Clapton, Jack Bruce y Ginger Baker, considerados en aquel entonces, respectivamente, el mejor guitarrista, el mejor bajista y el mejor baterista. Era de suponer que de la mezcla surgiera algo bueno...


In the white room with black curtains near the station.
Blackroof country, no gold pavements, tired starlings.
Silver horses ran down moonbeams in your dark eyes.
Dawnlight smiles on you leaving, my contentment.

I'll wait in this place where the sun never shines;
Wait in this place where the shadows run from themselves.

You said no strings could secure you at the station.
Platform ticket, restless diesels, goodbye windows.
I walked into such a sad time at the station.
As I walked out, felt my own need just beginning.

I'll wait in the queue when the trains come by;
Lie with you where the shadows run from themselves.

At the party she was kindness in the hard crowd.
Consolation for the old wound now forgotten.
Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her dark eyes.
Now she's dressing, goodbye windows, tired starlings.

I'll sleep in this place with the lonely crowd;
Lie in the dark where the shadows run from themselves.



En los años 90 el grupo BBM reunió a Baker, Bruce y Moore (Gary), publicando un único álbum (Around the next dream):


She was standing in the dark
Waiting in the wings
Just around the next dream
She was holding all the keys
To set my heart free
Behind the shadows of love.
From the distance I could see
Her standing alone
Shine like a jewel in the night
Hidden from the eyes
A theif of the soul
Behind the shadows of love.
Set me on fire with the stories you tell
Drown in the ocean of dreams
Close to the flame on wings of desire
Nothing's what it seems
She was waiting oustside with arms open wide
Ready to break my heart's fall
Oh the lighting in her eyes
I learned how to fly
Behind the shadow of love.
Set me on fire with the stoires you tell
Drown in the ocean of dreams
Close to the flame on wings of desire
Nothing's what it seems


Entretanto, en los inicios de esa década de los 90, mister "mano lenta" (Eric Clapton) continuaba realizando sus trabajos en solitario, con mejor o peor fortuna, pero sin duda con joyas como esta:


I can feel your body
When I'm lying in bed
There's too much confusion
Going around through my head

And it makes me so angry
To know that the flame still burns
Why can't I get over?
When will I ever learn?

Old love, leave me alone
Old love, go on home

I can see your face
But I know that it's not real
It's just an illusion
Caused by how I used to feel

And it makes me so angry
To know that the flame will always burn
I'll never get over
I know now that I'll never learn

No hay comentarios: